Software Tools Engineer
Baraja is changing the world of self driving cars, through their invention of a new type of LiDAR, called Spectrum-Scan which delivers the highest performance available. Expanding globally, backed by some of the world’s greatest investors and with a team that has already delivered an amazing product, Baraja is the next Australia based, globally focused, $B tech company.
Having recently closed a Series A round with Sequoia Capital, Blackbird Ventures and Main Sequence Ventures, we are searching for a Software Tools Engineer to join our Product Development Team based in Sydney. The Product Development team is responsible for developing and delivering products: from concept phase to customer evaluation and mass manufacture.
You will be results orientated, self-motivated, enjoy working on challenging problems and consider innovative solutions to those problems. You will show a flexible attitude and love working in a fast-paced start-up environment. You will be passionate about product development and software engineering. In this role you will have the potential to make a significant impact on the future of the business.
Your role will involve, but not be limited to:
· Develop drivers (ROS) and tools (calibration, static analysis, etc) and improve existing ones (customer facing application, BarajaViewer)
· Develop (automated) tests
· Work with systems, production, quality management, and customer support teams to resolve technical issues
· Guide technicians and junior engineers
· Present design alternatives and experimental results to the product development team for review, and review other team member’s designs
You will need:
· Bachelor’s or higher in Computer Science, Software/Electrical/Electronic engineering or equivalent
· Current permit to work full time in Australia on an ongoing basis
· Experience developing C++ code
· Experience creating GUI applications (Windows, QT, GTK+ or other)
· Experience developing Python scripts
· Experience with Jenkins build/test automation
· Experience using GIT or another version control tool
· Passionate about software engineering
· Great communication skills, oral and written
· Enthusiasm and motivation to take ownership of a project
· Professional, customer-focussed attitude
It would be great if you also had:
· Experience with Labview
· Experience using Linux
· Experience creating and configuring virtual machines
· Familiarity with pointcloud libraries (PCL)
· Experience with product development in a regulated environment (medical, automotive, defence, rail)
For the successful applicant we are able to provide,
· Competitive salary and equity at a rapidly growing, extremely well-funded startup.
· 10 Days Emergency Nanny Service.
· 4 Week holiday and 10 days sick leave
· Gym membership.
· Free Parking