Software Engineering Manager
Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars, through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan which delivers the highest performance available. We have traction with global auto manufacturers, a $US33M A Round from leading VC’s including Sequoia China, Blackbird and Main Sequence and growing rapidly.
We are now searching for a Software Engineering Manager, this is a full-time position based in our Sydney office in Lindfield.
The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible for leading a multi-disciplinary team + team leaders, participating in the team’s objectives to design, develop, test, create, maintain and deploying world-class automotive software.
This is a greenfield opportunity to join an outstanding team that has built and deployed a world-class product in a very exciting vertical market of autonomous vehicles. Baraja is based out of Sydney, Australia and operates globally with offices in the US and China.
· Lead a team of software engineers and team leads to develop innovative products
· Collaborate with internal and external customers to develop new software products and infrastructure
Work with systems, production, quality management,
and customer support teams to rdrive the software aspects of product
skills, abilities, experience, qualifications:
· Bachelor’s or higher in Computer Science, Software/Electrical/Electronic engineering or equivalent
· Experience leading a team of engineers & team leads
· Experience growing and moulding other leaders
· Software delivery experience, ideally in automotive or other regulated environment, from concept to production deployment
· Firmware / hardware delivery experience, broad software experience, machine learning
· Great communication skills, oral and written
Enthusiasm and motivation to take ownership of a
· Experience in a heavily regulated environment - automotive, medical, rail, defence, aerospace, mining