Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars, through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan which delivers the highest performance available. We have traction with global auto manufacturers, a $US33M A Round from leading VC’s including Sequoia China, Blackbird and Main Sequence and growing rapidly. We are now searching for a Production Engineer.
This is a greenfield opportunity to join an outstanding team that has built and deployed a world-class product in a very exciting vertical market of autonomous vehicles. Baraja is based out of Sydney, Australia and operates globally with offices in the US and China.
Core responsibilities of the role:
- Own the Continuous Improvement Process to optimise the efficiency of the production line.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, assembly, tooling and materials and observations from operators.
- Scale and integrate resources to support the manufacturing ramp up.
- Create and close manufacturing orders according to the demand plan.
- Support NPI with introduction of new products.
- Work closely with Supply Chain team to ensure the stock levels support the demand plan.
- Work closely with Quality Engineering to ensure our products meet the quality standards.
- Onboard, train and supervise operators.
- Implementation of engineering change orders on the production line.
What we need in this role:
- Demonstrated experience in production engineering in a pilot manufacturing or prototyping environment.
- Experience with continuous improvement activities in high-tech manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Electronics, Optics or Mechanics.
- Prior experience with managing operators.
- Proven ability to successfully integrate new products into a manufacturing line.
- Strong organisational, prioritisation and influencing skills.
- Experience in automotive or high-tech manufacturing.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar position.
Our culture is honest and humble, enabling exceptional people to perform, supported and encouraged to be amazing. We’re mature and experienced, we understand the importance of balance and performance. We strive to enable ourselves to be not only the best at work but in life. We provide salary and equity package, health and wellness, four weeks of holiday plus sick leave and support for family emergencies.If the above sounds exciting, then let’s talk!