Baraja is changing the world of
self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called
Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at
incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple
verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
We are looking for a Production Engineer to join our close-knit team. Reporting to the Pilot Manufacturing Manager, you will be the first point of contact for Manufacturing Operators for any manufacturing related issues. You will be the support function for the pilot manufacturing line of our products and take responsibility to achieve the planned production throughput.
This role is split between manufacturing line support (60%),
process manufacturing activities in ERP (20%) and operator training (20%).
Inside the Job
· Support Manufacturing Operators with day to day tasks.
· Manage manufacturing activities in our ERP system.
· Support all GII (Goods Inwards Inspection) activities.
· Train and develop Manufacturing Operators to increase efficiency and quality.
· Escalate any manufacturing quality issues to Quality Engineers
· Support NPI with introduction of new products, processes, and rigs into the manufacturing line
· Monitor manufacturing production performance and work closely with NPI to improve yield, reduce defects and reduce cycle time
· The core hours of work are 7:30-15:30 Monday to Friday. There might be a need to for shift work in the future, resulting in working hours anytime between 5am and 10pm.
· Demonstrated experience in production engineering in a pilot manufacturing or prototyping environment.
· Good computer skills and ERP experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in production engineering, Electronics, Optics or Mechanics.
· Passion for people development.
· Strong organisational and influencing skills
· Experience in automotive or high-tech manufacturing
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position
· Experience in ramping up manufacturing capabilities.
· Australian working rights
Be part of a high-performance team
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
· Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
· Develop sustained high performance - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
· Build the machine that builds the machine - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!