Baraja is changing in the world of self-driving cars, through their invention of a new type of LiDar, called Spectrum-Scan which delivers the highest performance available. Expanding globally, backed by some of the world’s greatest investors, this is Australia’s next $B tech company. With a team of over 90 across Australia, the US and China, Baraja is now seeking to find a People Team Administrator to join our team in Sydney. Our team has high-performing engineers and scientists that are investigating novel technologies for our autonomous vehicle sensors.
You will report to the Head of People and Culture
We are looking for a People Specialist to join our team to:
· Lead and coordinate our new-hire onboarding process, including preparation of materials, verifying all necessary documentation, greeting and welcoming our new-hires on their first day and ensuring our employees have all the information and resources needed to have an amazing start to their time at Baraja
· Facilitate our current programs and perks and work on employment engagement activities, while continually thinking of ways to improve them, and investigate what additional programs and perks we can introduce to enhance our employee experience.
· Provide a variety of administrative support to our People Team, which includes owning some complex projects.
· Curate learning and development and training schedules and programs. \
· Conduct probation meetings and deal with conflict resolutions and escalations when necessary
· Performance plans and management
What you bring:
· Outgoing, personable, compassionate, a team player with a deep desire to make things better.
· You enjoy wearing multiple hats in a dynamic and changing environment.
· Passionate about employee and candidate experience.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work with highly confidential information using great discretion.
· Great organizational skills and a knack for problem solving, thinking outside the box and finding efficiencies.
· excellent organisational and time management skills to manage a variety of different tasks daily; the ability to effectively prioritise own workload
· 3 to 4 years of HR/People administration experience
· Concern for quality and pride in all work produced; consistently careful and methodical with a strong eye for detail to ensure accuracy and consistent delivery
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Be willing and open to accept and give feedback to grow and develop
· Highly motivated, enthusiastic and strong work ethic who can work on own initiative; constantly thinking ahead; demonstrating a hands-on approach to all tasks
· Comfortable with ambiguity - flexible and adaptable with a willingness to learn and ‘jump in’ wherever needed
· Be a team! We are a small, passionate about supporting each other to deliver the best all-around talent solution
· Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office suite products.
· Must be legally entitled to work in Australia
· The chance to build on your HR knowledge with a large global organisation
· Fantastic career progression opportunities
Our culture is honest and humble, enabling exceptional people to perform, supported and encouraged to be amazing. We’re mature and experienced, we understand the importance of balance and performance. We strive to enable ourselves to be not only the best at work but in life. We provide salary and equity package, health and wellness, four weeks of holiday plus sick leave and support for family emergencies.
If the above sounds exciting, then let’s talk.