Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars, through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan which delivers the highest performance available. We have traction with global auto manufacturers, a $US33M A Round from leading VC’s including Sequoia China, Blackbird and Main Sequence and growing rapidly .
We are now searching for a Opto-Mechanical Manager, this is a full-time position based in our Sydney office in Lindfield.
The Opto-Mechanical Manager will be responsible for managing the team and all aspects of Opto-Mechanical at Baraja.
This is a greenfield opportunity to join an outstanding team that has built and deployed a world-class product in a very exciting vertical market of autonomous vehicles. Baraja is based out of Sydney, Australia and operates globally with offices in the US and China. Our team is PhD heavy, with a mix of strong commercial experience combined with an Australian culture and mentality of honesty, passion and humility.
Core responsibilities of the role:
· Living the optical and mechanical integration of Baraja’s advanced LiDAR products
· Accountability for the opto-mechanical team and delivery of opto-mechanical products from concept through to mass automotive manufacture
· Management of quality for opto-mechanical, including field returns, problem solving, customer focus
· Project delivery skills in the space of opto-mechanical engineering.
· Setting the technical direction and adoption of new technologies in the optical / mechanical space, with the team and the business
· Leadership & Management experience in leading high-performing teams of technical managers
What we need in this role:
· Bachelor’s degree in Optical / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical experience
· Previous experience with developing a complex optical/mechanical product assembly into a highly regulated environment (ideally automotive. Alternates medical/aerospace/rail/defence)
· Management and leadership experience in the area of optical and mechanical engineering
· A thought leader in the current state of the art in mechanical / optical systems, for instance new simulation and manufacturing methods and how to apply these with effectiveness in an industrial setting
· Demonstrated interaction with customers and working across an organisation
· Start-up experience
· Roll out of a Opto-Mechanical capability / process development (ideally in a start-up)
· Creativity / out of box thinking balanced with process and rigour
· Product Development experience (risk management, FMEA, PPAP, process validation, quality)
Our culture is honest and humble, enabling exceptional people to perform, supported and encouraged to be amazing. We’re mature and experienced, we understand the importance of balance and performance. We strive to enable ourselves to be not only the best at work but in life. We provide salary and equity package, health and wellness, four weeks of holiday plus sick leave and support for family emergencies.
If the above sounds exciting, then let’s talk!