Office Administrator (San Francisco Office)
Baraja is changing in the world of self-driving cars, through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan which delivers the highest performance available. Expanding globally, backed by some of the world’s greatest investors, this is Australia’s next $B tech company with a team of over 90 across Australia, the US and China.
We are looking for an Office Administrator for our Sydney Office at Lindfield
Your role will involve, but not be limited to:
· Provide administrative support to our Baraja employees including calendar and email management, travel planning and expense reporting.
· Oversee office administration and manage & coordinate all aspects of the daily functions of the office.
· Answer the phone and forward calls to employees.
· Anticipate and proactively manage unforeseen needs and solve problems in real time.
· Identify and do “the little things” that make a big difference.
· Create new processes that keep the administrative operational aspects of the office in top-notch shape and streamline efficiency (i.e. ordering supplies, meals, managing requests).
· Work directly with outside vendors to purchase (office equipment, furniture, etc.), negotiating purchases in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
· Oversee all guest welcome duties to include receiving, screening, and greeting, directing visitors and clients to appropriate staff, accepting, sorting, distributing, and forwarding mail packages and sending shipments.
· Serve as the primary point of contact for all employees regarding facility related issues and concerns such as cleaning service, lighting, voice, security, and trash removal issues. Work with contracted vendors to address any issues.
· Proactively manage office supply inventory by keeping track of office supplies, placing orders with approved office supply vendors, distributing office supplies and maintaining a list of all needed items.
· Assist in coordination of candidate interviews and new hire orientation process, including setting up office space and working with IT regarding equipment set-up.
· In collaboration with IT, supervise the maintenance and inventory of office IT equipment.
· Assist in setting up company wide meetings.
· A minimum of 1+ years working in an office environment.
· Polished in both spoken and written word and in your ability to represent the company.
· Demonstrate good judgement; work, think, and plan independently.
· Strong initiative to go the extra mile and the foresight to anticipate needs.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize work with a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
· Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
· Highly collaborative and team-oriented in your working approach.
· Strong orientation toward employee & team service & support.
· Experience scheduling and planning events.
· You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile office environment where priorities sometimes shift unexpectedly.
· Advanced computer skills. (Microsoft Office, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
Our culture is honest and humble, enabling exceptional people to perform, supported and encouraged to be amazing. We’re mature and experienced, we understand the importance of balance and performance. We strive to enable ourselves to be not only the best at work but in life. We provide salary and equity package, health and wellness, four weeks of holiday plus sick leave and support for family emergencies.
If the above sounds exciting, then let’s talk