NPI Engineer (Entry Level)
Baraja is changing in the world of self-driving cars, through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan which delivers the highest performance available. Expanding globally, backed by some of the world’s greatest investors, this is Australia’s next $B tech company.
We are now looking for an Entry Level NPI Engineer for our Sydney Office based in Lindfield
As an Entry Level NPI Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring timely and successful ramp up of new products by developing and implementing stable and repeatable manufacturing processes.
This is a greenfield opportunity to join an
outstanding team that has built and deployed a world-class product in a very
exciting vertical market of autonomous vehicles. Baraja is based out of Sydney, Australia and
operates globally with offices in the US and China.
Core responsibilities of the role:
· Work closely with R&D, manufacturing and other teams to ensure product and manufacturing requirements are met
· Helping implement new processes, jigs, methods and tests that will improve safety, reduce product cost, improve product quality, improve process yields and maintain stable production.
· Drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues and process improvements, developing cost effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production.
· Conduct and analyse designed experiments and investigations to characterise processes and tests to improve manufacturing operations, product quality and/or product performance
· Assist with defining manufacturing, process, test and equipment specifications for process, test and rig development and replication
· Ensure new product designs, engineering change requests and product improvements are reviewed for manufacturability
· Perform and document qualifications and validations for new processes, tests and equipment
· Support Coordinate prototype builds in manufacturing to ensure manufacturing issues are captured and identified
· A Bachelor of Engineering (electronics, mechatronics, optoelectronics or mechanical or equivalent)
· Good verbal, written and computer literacy skills.
1-3 years’ experience in manufacturing or NPI roles
· Experience in ERP/MRP systems
· Hands on experience in assembling high tech systems.
· Experience in using engineering methods to measure the process performance
· Automotive experience
· Experience in working with suppliers and/or customers
· Experience in working in a fast-paced high tech company
· Experience with LiDAR
· Working knowledge in product reliability, DFMEA/PFMEA and product/process validation
· Working knowledge in Design for manufacturing (DFM) and Design for assembly (DFA)
Our culture is honest and humble, enabling exceptional people to perform, supported and encouraged to be amazing. We’re mature and experienced, we understand the importance of balance and performance. We strive to enable ourselves to be not only the best at work but in life. We provide salary and equity package, health and wellness, four weeks of holiday plus sick leave and support for family emergencies.