Baraja is changing in the world of self-driving cars, through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan which delivers the highest performance available. Expanding globally, backed by some of the world’s greatest investors, this is Australia’s next $B tech company.
As an NPI Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring timely and successful ramp up of new products by developing and implementing stable and repeatable manufacturing processes.
is a greenfield opportunity to join an outstanding team that has built and
deployed a world-class product in a very exciting vertical market of autonomous
vehicles. Baraja is based out of
Sydney, Australia and operates globally with offices in the US and China.
Core responsibilities of the role:
- Work closely with R&D, manufacturing and other teams to ensure product and manufacturing requirements are met
- Develop and implement new processes, jigs, methods and tests that will improve safety, reduce product cost, improve product quality, improve process yields and maintain stable production.
- Drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues and process improvements, developing cost effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production.
- Conduct and analyse designed experiments and investigations to characterise processes and tests to improve manufacturing operations, product quality and/or product performance
- Define manufacturing, process, test and equipment specifications for process, test and rig development and replication
- Ensure new product designs, engineering change requests and product improvements are reviewed for manufacturability
- Perform and document qualifications and validations for new processes, tests and equipment
- Coordinate prototype builds in manufacturing to ensure manufacturing issues are captured and identified
A Bachelor of Engineering (electronics, mechatronics, optoelectronics or mechanical or equivalent)
5-10 years’ experience in manufacturing or NPI roles
Experience in ERP/MRP systems
Hands on experience in assembling high tech systems.
in using engineering methods to measure the process performance
Good verbal, written and computer literacy skills.
Experience in working with suppliers and/or customers
Experience in working in a fast-paced high tech company
Experience with LiDAR
Working knowledge in product reliability, DFMEA/PFMEA and product/process validation
knowledge in Design for manufacturing (DFM) and Design for assembly (DFA)
Our culture is honest and humble, enabling exceptional people to perform, supported and encouraged to be amazing. We’re mature and experienced, we understand the importance of balance and performance. We strive to enable ourselves to be not only the best at work but in life. We provide salary and equity package, health and wellness, four weeks of holiday plus sick leave and support for family emergencies.