Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars, through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan which delivers the highest performance available. We have traction with global auto manufacturers, a $US33M A Round from leading VC’s including Sequoia China, Blackbird and Main Sequence and growing rapidly. We are now searching for a Manufacturing Engineer.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be the owner of all manufacturing processes once they have been released to the assembly line. The main purpose is to implement and maintain best practice manufacturing to achieve maximum efficiency and to meet all manufacturing objectives.
This is a greenfield opportunity to join an outstanding team that has built and deployed a world-class product in a very exciting vertical market of autonomous vehicles. Baraja is based out of Sydney, Australia and operates globally with offices in the US and China.
Core responsibilities of the role:
- Implement and maintain best practice manufacturing (Lean Manufacturing, 5-S, Six Sigma).
- Optimise the current manufacturing set up to improve efficiency.
- Maintain and analyse manufacturing data to improve the design and manufacturing process of our products.
- Create a Visual Work place
- Conduct design reviews to insure manufacturability of new products.
- Support NPI with introduction of new products.
What we need in this role:
- Demonstrated experience in manufacturing engineering in a pilot manufacturing or prototyping environment.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement activities in high-tech manufacturing environment
- Bachelor degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Electronics, Optics or Mechanics.
- Passion for people development.
- Proven ability to successfully integrate new products into a manufacturing line.
- Strong organisational and influencing skills
- Experience in automotive or high-tech manufacturing
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Working knowledge in product reliability, DFMEA/PFMEA and product/process validation
in ramping up manufacturing capabilities.
Our culture is honest and humble, enabling exceptional people to perform, supported and encouraged to be amazing. We’re mature and experienced, we understand the importance of balance and performance. We strive to enable ourselves to be not only the best at work but in life. We provide salary and equity package, health and wellness, four weeks of holiday plus sick leave and support for family emergencies.
If the above sounds exciting, then let’s talk!