Functional Safety Team Lead
Baraja is changing in the world of self-driving cars, through their invention of a new type of LiDAR, called Spectrum-Scan which delivers the highest performance available. Expanding globally, backed by some of the world’s greatest investors, this is Australia’s next $B tech company. With a team of over 90 across Australia, the US and China, Baraja is now seeking to find Functional Safety Team Lead.
What we are looking for:
- We are looking for an accomplished safety professional to drive functional safety and compliance standards across our product development group.
- You will be responsible for:
- Managing external relationships with customers and suppliers related to Functional Safety
- Ownership of safety plans, monitoring, documenting and controlling activities required to achieve Functional Safety certification ISO26262
- Working across the full technology stack, research, development and production contributing to design and technical decisions that improve safety.
- Analysis and review of safety issues with a focus on continuous improvement in the product development life cycle.
- Prepare presentations for, and act as the primary interface to external safety assessors and auditors.
- Champion a culture of safety first across all levels of the organisation.
- Significant Functional safety leadership experience across an industry with highly complex compliance and regulatory standards - ideally automotive, medical devices, industrial automation etc.
- Have led Functional Safety component of several real world products through the full product development life cycle.
- Deep knowledge of certification processes and standards required to meet 3rd party regulatory assessment and achieve ISO26262 compliance and certification
- Worked with cross functional hardware, software and systems engineering teams in a matrix environment to establish frameworks and processes that align product research and development activities with stringent Functional Safety standards
- Engineering and manufacturing experience in a high technology environment
- Strong documentation and analysis skills with experience preparing presentations to customers, prospective customers and auditors related to Functional Safety concerns
Would be ideal if you had:
- Knowledge of automotive industry specific standards for functional safety
- Experience with Software tools and frameworks to help automate and improve efficiency of Functional Safety throughout the full product development lifecycle.
- Exposure to, or interest in safety issues related to autonomous vehicle navigation.
- Start-up experience and an understanding of the challenges of meeting stringent compliance standards on tight timeframes, with limited resources.
- Technical skills in software development and or systems engineering.
Our culture is honest and humble, enabling exceptional people to perform, supported and encouraged to be amazing. We’re mature and experienced, we understand the importance of balance and performance. We strive to enable ourselves to be not only the best at work but in life. We provide salary and equity package, health and wellness, four weeks of holiday plus sick leave and support for family emergencies.