Baraja is changing in the world of self-driving cars, through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan which delivers the highest performance available. Expanding globally, backed by some of the world’s greatest investors, this is Australia’s next $B tech company.
As a Field Specialist, you will be responsible for working with customers to install and integrate Baraja LiDAR into customer test vehicles and vehicle fleets. This is a full-time, permanent position based in our Sydney office in Lindfield.
This is a greenfield opportunity to join an outstanding team that has built and deployed a world-class product in a very exciting vertical market of autonomous vehicles. Baraja is based out of Sydney, Australia and operates globally with offices in the US and China.
Core responsibilities of the role:
- Delivering expert customer technical support and troubleshooting, both remotely & on-site
- Frequent visits to customer sites to provide hands-on support and manage ongoing product deployments.
- Gaining a solid understanding of customer workflow and use-case(s), use this to proactively design, implement & iterate the customer support process.
- Build on this customer knowledge to develop and feedback ideas for how to improve the product.
- Support the Business Development team in product demonstrations.
- Conduct experiments to collect system data to aid the product support process in troubleshooting issues.
- Communicate technical and product support updates to customers.
- Working on customer support tickets, tracking issues and resolutions.
- Responsible to meet KPIs for customer satisfaction.
What we need from you!
- Current permit to work full time in Australia on an ongoing basis
- 5+ years project management experience
- Calibration technician experience developing hardware and software testing procedures for autonomous vehicles
- Experience managing Autonomous Safety Drivers that are responsible for autonomous driving test and validation operation programs
- Experience with providing technical support and troubleshooting both remotely & on-site
- Experience creating course material and training manuals to meet specific operational safety needs
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Capability to work both individually and in team environment
- Willingness to frequently travel, both domestically and internationally
- Enthusiasm and motivation for operating in a face-paced work environment
- Curiosity to learn about all aspects of the business and get involved in other projects
- Experience with a start-up or similar fast-paced environments with customer-driven products
- The salary range for this position is $65,000-$90,000 and is dependent on experience