Field Applications Engineer (US)
--San Francisco, California, USA--
Baraja is changing in the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan, which delivers the highest performance available. Expanding globally, backed by some of the worlds greatest investors, this is Australia’s next $B tech company. With a team of over 90 across Australia, the US and China, Baraja is seeking Field Applications Engineers to join our team in San Francisco.
The San Francisco team is responsible for all customer-facing activities: supporting sales through product delivery and in-field, after-sales support. Our customers include leaders in the field of self-driving, from technology companies to ride sharing companies and traditional carmakers. The Field Applications Engineer must work to deeply understand our customers' challenges and use-cases, ensuring they are able to get the most out of Baraja LiDAR by providing the highest level of tailored engineering support as customers expand their vehicle fleets.
Our team is PhD heavy, with a mix of strong commercial experience combined with an Australian culture of honesty, passion and humility.
Your role will involve, but not be limited to:
• Working with customers to install and integrate Baraja LiDAR into customer test vehicles and vehicle fleets,
• Delivering expert customer technical support and troubleshooting, both remotely & on-site,
• Frequent visits to customer sites to provide hands-on support and manage ongoing product deployments,
• Gaining a solid understanding of customer workflow and use-case(s), use this to proactively design, implement & iterate the customer support process,
• Build on this customer knowledge to develop and feedback ideas for how to improve the product,
• Support the Business Development team in product demonstrations.
You will need:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a hardware-related engineering discipline (electronic, mechanical, mechatronic, systems or equivalent)
• Experience with complex hardware installation or assembly
• Familiarity or affinity with technology integration challenges: mounting, cabling, wiring, power & data
• Great people skills: be highly personable and approach challenges with energy
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• To be proud of your ability to come up with creative technical solutions on the fly
It would be great if you also had:
• Basic coding skills, e.g. comfort with scripting / network API interfaces;
• Experience with vehicle installations, the automotive industry.
Our culture is honest and humble, enabling exceptional people to perform, supported and encouraged to be amazing. We’re mature and experienced, we understand the importance of balance and performance. We strive to enable ourselves to be not only the best at work but in life. We provide salary and equity package, health and wellness, four weeks of holiday plus sick leave and support for family emergencies.
If the above sounds exciting, then let’s talk.