Field Application Engineer
Field Application Engineer
San Francisco, California
Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars, through the invention of a new type of LiDAR, called Spectrum-Scan which delivers the highest performance available in the smallest possible device on the market.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia we are looking to expand our US team due to market demands. We are already in production and use case, working with some of the leading automotive manufacturers globally. Last year we closed a $42M A round with Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Venture Partners if those names don’t mean anything to you, stop reading.
We are looking for a Field Application Engineer to join our close-knit San Francisco Team. Reporting to the Field Application Engineering Team Lead you will be acting as the primary technical contact between Baraja and our US based customers.
If you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we’re keen to hear from you. We’re after a creative thinker who loves to collaborate, you’ll thrive in this high-pressure customer facing role. The role is split into providing top notch customer support (75%), design feedback (10%) and improving processes and overall team development (15%).
• Working with customers to install and integrate Baraja LiDAR into customer test vehicles and vehicle fleets
• Delivering expert customer technical support and troubleshooting, both remotely & on-site
• Frequent travel to customer sites both domestically and overseas to provide hands-on support and manage ongoing product deployments
• Gaining a solid understanding of customer workflow and use-case(s), use this to proactively design, implement & iterate the customer support process
• Build on this customer knowledge to develop and feedback ideas for how to improve the product
• Support the Business Development team in customer demonstrations
• Possess a deep understanding of the Baraja LiDAR to provide design feedback after interacting with the customer
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a hardware engineering discipline (electronic, mechanical, systems or the equivalent)
• Experience with technology integration challenges: mounting, cabling, wiring, power, and data
• Exceptional customer service skills: highly personable and approach challenges with energy
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience with creative problem solving
What we desire:
• Basic coding skills e.g. – comfortable with scripting/network API interface
• Experience with vehicle installations, or in the automotive industry
• Broad experience with sensing application
• Experience with complex hardware installation or assembly
Be part of a high-performance team
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We’re pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
• Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - what we’re doing is really ambitious and difficult so we’ll need plenty of hustle to get it done.
• Develop sustained high performance - we’re figuring out what high performance looks like for the people on our team so we can support them and each other to perform at our best sustainably.
• Build the machine that builds the machine - it’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!