Baraja is changing in the world of self-driving cars, through their invention of a new type of LiDar, called Spectrum-Scan which delivers the highest performance available. Expanding globally, backed by some of the world’s greatest investors, this is Australia’s next $B tech company.
With a team of over 90 across Australia, the US and China, Baraja is now seeking to find an Electrical Engineer to join our team in Sydney. Our team has high-performing engineers and scientists that are investigating novel technologies for our autonomous vehicle sensors.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
· Develop optoelectronic and analogue design concepts and identify improvements to existing designs
· Work with new product integration and manufacturing teams to ensure that designs are manufacturable and test
· Design test procedures and test fixtures; report performance, reliability, and conformance to international standards
· Work with systems, production, quality management, and customer support teams to resolve technical issues
· Guide technicians and junior engineers
· Present design alternatives and experimental results to the product development team for review, and review other team member’s designs
· Tertiary qualifications in Electronics Engineering or similar discipline
· Product development experience in automotive product or highly regulated industry
· Experience with Analog, Digital, High Speed, Power electrical engineering
· Electronic Architecture Development and implementation
· Working / current skills in eCAD, architecture development, uC, FPGA, ARM
· Excellent initiative and communication skills
· Completion of electrical safety for a product (EMI/EMC/ESD..)
· Work in a startup or other time critical project
· Scripting knowledge and experience (eg. Python)
Our culture is honest and humble, enabling exceptional people to perform, supported and encouraged to be amazing. We’re mature and experienced, we understand the importance of balance and performance. We strive to enable ourselves to be not only the best at work but in life. We provide salary and equity package, health and wellness, four weeks of holiday plus sick leave and support for family emergencies.
If the above sounds exciting, then let’s talk.