Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars, through the invention of a new type of LiDAR, called Spectrum-Scan which delivers the highest performance available. Expanding globally, backed by some of the World’s greatest investors, this is Australia’s next $B tech company. With a team of over 90 across Australia, the US and China, Baraja is now seeking to find a full-time Accountant to join our team in Sydney. Our team has high-performing engineers and scientists that are investigating novel technologies for our autonomous vehicle sensors.
The Accountant would be the custodian of the financial accounting system of the company, which primarily runs on Odoo. This position reports to the Financial Controller and following are the key responsibilities of this role:
Supervise daily bookkeeping and accounting.
Lead the month end closing process by WD 5 to cover following:
- Bank Reconciliations
- Booking accruals, prepayments and other adjusting entries (including depreciation and amortization)
- Reconciliation of intercompany balances.
- Balance sheet reconciliation of all other balance sheet accounts.
- Proofing profit and loss account balance to ensure all sales and costs have been booked properly in the right periods.
- Reviewing all open POs at month end to ensure they are valid and ensuring cut off entries have been posted in the system.
Create and maintain fixed assets register to match with the accounting records.
Oversee the AP and AR functions & monitoring of cash flows.
Manage company costing and inventory management system to ensure accurate accounting.
Support operations function in the periodic and annual stock count.
Updation of budget vs actual file every month.
Preparation of monthly scorecard and maintaining system dashboards.
Preparation of annual financial statements to be audited by external auditors.
Being the audit leader from the company side for execution of annual external audits.
Support investor reporting requirements.
Ensure DOA, as approved by the Board of Directors, is fully and consistently implemented in the accounting function.
Drive, evaluate and implement improvement of financial accounting controls.
Review and improve the Odoo accounting system and its integration with different facets of the business.
Prepare/ provide data for the filing of IAS, BAS, payroll tax, applications for grants & tax rebate, FBT and annual income tax return etc.
Initiates all local and foreign currency payments including reimbursement of expenses for Australian and overseas subsidiaries.
You will need to have:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in accounting/ finance, preferably a CPA.
• At least 3 years experience as a full-fledged accountant for a medium size business, dealing in products.
• High-level familiarity with good ERP systems like SAP, Netsuite or Oracle.
• Experience in handling external filings and audits.
• People management skills.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Our culture is honest and humble, enabling exceptional people to perform, supported and encouraged to be amazing. We’re mature and experienced, we understand the importance of balance and performance. We strive to enable ourselves to be not only the best at work but in life. We provide salary and equity package, health and wellness, four weeks of holiday plus sick leave and emergency nanny service.
If the above sounds exciting, then let’s talk.